History For Pork Fajita Marinade
Since 1973, when Mexican-born restaurateur Ninfa Laurenzo introduced fajitas to her Houston restaurant, Ninfa’s, they have been a Texas tradition.
Originally, fajitas were made with grilled skirt steak, but they’ve also been made with lobster and Portobellos.
Succulent pork tenderloin is marinated in lime juice and spices before being served with chipotle salsa and pico de gallo.
Ingredients For Pork Fajita Marinade
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon fajita seasoning or to taste
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 8 small tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoon lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tomato diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
Instruction For Pork Fajita Marinade
- Clean the onions and cut them into long strips. Also, cut the peppers into long strips. Toss the peppers and onions in a large mixing dish with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the fajita mix.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a basin after cleaning and slicing it into long strips. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of fajita mix to ensure that each piece of pork is fully seasoned.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, heated in a large skillet over medium-high heat, added the pork. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the pork is thoroughly cooked and slightly charred but not burnt.
- Take the pork out of the skillet and wipe it clean.
- Heat up another tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is caramelized and the peppers are tender about 5 minutes. Return the pork to the skillet and stir in the peppers and onions for a minute.
- To create the guacamole, mash the avocados in a small mixing basin, then toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Assemble the tortillas by layering pork, onion, and peppers on top, then finishing with avocado. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Info For Pork Fajita Marinade
|carbohydrates||0.0 g||fat||20.6 g|
|cholesterol||268.6 mg||sodium||187.0 mg|