History For Pistachio Liqueur Cocktails
The pistachio tree is indigenous to Central Asia, including Iran and Afghanistan today.
Pistachio seeds were a prevalent diet as early as 6750 BC, according to archaeology.
Pistachio Vera, the modern pistachio, was first farmed in Bronze Age Central Asia, with the earliest example found in Djarkutan, contemporary Uzbekistan.
Martini fans will go crazy for this new twist on an old favorite. The addition of Limoncello and pistachio liqueur to traditional vodka creates a sophisticated cocktail that goes well with your favorite charcuterie board.
Green pistachios are also a great way to add a splash of color to your holiday gatherings.
Ingredients For Pistachio Liqueur Cocktails
- 3 to 4 ounces chopped pistachio nuts, shelled, unsalted
- small pinch cinnamon
- small pinch cloves
- 12 raisins or sultanas (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Syrup (recipe follows)
Sugar Syrup Pistachio Liqueur Cocktails
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water, hot
Instruction For Pistachio Liqueur Cocktails
- In a sterilized bottle placed in a dark spot, steep the raisins, almonds, and spices in vodka for 2 weeks.
- Shake every now and then. Strain and filter the mixture. Pour in the sugar syrup. In 2 to 3 weeks, the plant matures.
Nutrition Info For:
|Total Carbohydrate||14g||Sugars||12 g|