History For Picon Punch Cocktail Recipe
The Picon Punch is a 19th-century cocktail made of grenadine, brandy, and sparkling water, as well as a unique liqueur called Amer Picon.
The liqueur was established in 1837 by Gatan Picon as a medicinal tonic.
He gathered indigenous plants such as quinine, cinchona, and gentian while enlisted in the French army and stationed in Algeria to create the first 78-proof Amer Picon liqueur.
Ingredients For Picon Punch Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces Amer Picon
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- Club soda, chilled, to top
- 1/2 ounce brandy
- Garnish: lemon peel
Instruction For Picon Punch Cocktail Recipe
- In an Irish coffee glass over ice, pour the Amer Picon replacement and grenadine and stir briefly.
- Fill the glass almost to the brim with club soda, leaving a little room in the glass.
- Place the brandy on top and let it float.
- Serve with a lemon peel as a garnish.
Nutrition Info For Picon Punch Cocktail Recipe