This is an eastern European plum dumpling recipe for gombóc.
Ingredients for Gomboc Dice
- 5 medium potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt, more for the pot
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, add more if too watery and some for rolling out dough
- 18 apricots, pitted
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Instructions for Gomboc Dice
- Bring water to a boil for the potatoes.
- Potatoes should be peeled and sliced before boiling.
- Slice apricots while the potatoes are boiling for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Set aside the apricots while you prepare the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- After the potatoes have been boiled, rice them.
- Toss the dough with salt.
- Allow dough to rest for at least 30 minutes after wrapping it in plastic wrap.
- Set aside breadcrumbs that have been toasted in butter.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough into portions to accommodate the fruit.
- Place fruit in the middle of the dough part and, if desired, sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Dust your hands with flour and roll the dough into a ball form.
- Toss the riced potatoes with flour and eggs.
- Place the dumplings in a pot of boiling water. Allow for a 10- to 20-minute boil, or until the dumplings float.
- Toasted breadcrumbs should be used to coat the gomboc.
- Serve with a cinnamon-sugar mixture that will be put inside the gomboc once it has been sliced open.
Nutrition Info for Gomboc Dice
|Total Fat||5.7 g||Potassium||301.4 mg|
|Cholesterol||13.8 mg||Total Carbohydrate||40.1 g|