History for Black Haus Recipes
The Black Forest cake resembles the traditional Black Forest attire women wear.
The dress is black, like a chocolate cake, with a white top, a red polka that looks like cherries on the hat, Bollenhut, and a black lace veil that protects the eyes that looks like chocolate flakes.
No one knows if the cake’s material was chosen to match the costume, but it’s a nice coincidence. The hat is even said to be the same weight as a Black Forest cake.
Black Haus is one of the tastiest and best-known drinks in the world, the black Haus drink. Feel as if you are sitting at the beach on an island when you drink this cocktail. A black Haus drink is one of those drinks that is all about the flavor, except for the part that is about the color.
Ingredients for Black Haus Recipes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
- ½ cup cherry puree
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 6 sweet cherries on a stem
- ¼ cup chocolate shavings, or to taste
Instructions for Black Haus Recipes
- In a blender, combine the milk and eggs and pulse until thoroughly combined. Pulse flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt together until fully combined. If the batter appears to be too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time.
- Over medium-high heat, gently oil a griddle. Drop 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form and the sides are dry. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the opposite side, until browned. Repeat with the remaining batter until at least 6 pancakes have been made. To cool, place the pancakes on a wire rack.
- In a mixing dish, combine cherry puree and vodka.
- Brush 1 pancake with the cherry puree mixture and pipe whipped cream over the edge; top with the second pancake. Repeat with the remaining pancakes, cherry puree mixture, and whipped cream. Sweet cherries and chocolate shavings go on top. To use a serrated knife, cut the cake.
Nutrition Facts for Black Haus Recipes
|Carbohydrate||54.8 g||Protein||10.5 g,|
|Cholesterol||72.9 mg,||Sodium||236.5 mg|
|Fat||9.1 g,||Sugar||12.4 g|