Introduction for Sourdough Oatmeal Muffins
Even after a few days, these muffins are still moist and tasty. They’re a quick and easy way to revive your sourdough starter when you don’t have time to bake bread.
Adapted from Rita Davenport’s The Sourdough Cookbook, this is no longer in print.
Ingredients for Sourdough Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 c. old fashioned oat
- 1 c. milk of choice
- 1/2 c. sourdough discard
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- large pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
Instructions for Sourdough Oatmeal Muffins
- In a mixing dish, combine the oats and milk. Set aside for a few minutes to soak. Combine the sourdough scraps, oil, eggs, and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar in a separate bowl.
- Just combine the wet and dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups that have been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts for Sourdough Oatmeal Muffins