History for Western Meal In One
Western cuisine started to expand by adopting the contributions of many European countries, particularly Italy & Spain, from its early French beginnings.
This opened up a whole new universe of cuisine, including pasta, which has since become one of the Western cuisine’s mainstays.
Ingredients for Western Meal In One
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1(16 ounces) can of red beans, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 3⁄4cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
Instructions for Western Meal In One
- In a pan, cook the meat with the garlic in vegetable oil.
- Cook until the onion is translucent, and then add the green chili. Remove any excess fat.
- Combine the meat mixture, salt, chili powder, beans, tomato, and rice in a 2-quart dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the cover and top with cheese and olives; bake for another 15 minutes.