History For Curried Crab Salad
Curry is a spicy sauce-based dish that is most commonly associated with South Asian cuisine.
Curry tree leaves are sometimes used in southern India. Curry comes in a wide range of flavors. In traditional cuisines, the spices used in each meal are determined by national or regional cultural traditions, religious practices, and the chef’s personal preferences.
Crab curry (Caril de caranguejo in Portuguese) is a traditional Indo-Portuguese cuisine from Goa, Daman, and Diu, a region on India’s west coast that was once part of the Portuguese State of India.
It’s also a popular dish in Mozambique, because of the country’s large Goan population.
Ingredients For Curried Crab Salad
- 1 (8 ounces) package imitation crabmeat or (8 ounces) package cooked crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use 1 green onion, chopped)
- 3 -4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste, or use freshly ground black pepper)
Instruction For Curried Crab Salad
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Allow 3 hours or longer in the fridge before using to combine flavors.
Nutrition Info For Curried Crab Salad
|Calories||355.11 Kcal||Total Fat||25.98g|