History For Lebanese Cabbage Rolls Recipe
Cooked cabbage leaves are wrapped around a variety of fillings to make a cabbage roll.
Central, Northern, Eastern, and Southeastern European cuisines, as well as much of Western Asia, Northern China, and sections of North Africa, use it.
Beef, lamb, or pork seasoned with garlic, onion, and spices are typical European meat fillings.
Rice and barley, as well as mushrooms and vegetables, are frequently used.
Ingredients For Lebanese Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 green cabbage
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon Juice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons dried mint (crushed)
Instruction For Lebanese Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- A big saucepan of water (or chicken broth) should be brought to a boil.
- Remove the tough inner core of the cabbage using a sharp knife. Add the full head of cabbage (cored) to the pot once the water or broth has come to a boil. The cabbage leaves will begin to detach from the head in approximately 2-3 minutes. As they fall off the core, carefully arrange them on a platter.
- Combine the sirloin, rice, salt, pepper, lemon juice, cinnamon, and half of the garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of beef mixture in the center of each leaf and roll until the meat is completely coated with cabbage.
- Place the packed cabbage rolls in the same pot where the leaves were cooked and pile them closely, alternating directions with each layer. Continue until all of the leaves have been removed.
- If you have any leftover meat mixture, form it into small meatballs and top the packed buns with them. Water should be around 12 inches over the top layer of the stuffed cabbage. In a separate bowl, combine the dried mint and the remaining 2 crushed garlic cloves. Squeeze any remaining lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn a tiny plate upside down and set it on top of the rolls.
- To ensure that all of the rolls are submerged in liquid, press down. Bring the water to a boil, covered.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the meat is fully cooked. Serve with plain yogurt on the side.
Nutrition Info For Lebanese Cabbage Rolls Recipe