History For Lady Bird Johnson Recipes
Lady Bird Johnson, the first lady of the United States and wife of President Lyndon B. Johnson, was recognized for her cordial and friendly demeanor.
She was also the first First Lady to campaign for her husband on her own during his presidential campaign in 1964.
Zephyr Wright, who cooked for the Johnson family in their Texan home and then as their private family chef in the White House, is credited with creating Lady Bird Johnson’s pecan pie recipe.
Ingredients For Lady Bird Johnson Recipes
- 1 medium-sized pan cornbread (I use 2 boxes of prepared Jiffy mix)
- 4 slices toasted bread, crumbled
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Salt pepper
- Sage 1 -2
- cup pan drippings from turkey (I use packaged chicken broth to make ahead)
Instruction For Lady Bird Johnson Recipes
- Combine cornbread, crushed toast, and stock in a mixing bowl.
- Make sure you have enough stock to keep it from being stiff. (About 1-2 cups)
- Combine the eggs and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- (adjust seasonings to taste)
- Bake for one hour at a low temperature.
Nutrition Info For Lady Bird Johnson Recipes