History For Scandinavian Soups
This cheesy cabbage soup recipe is based on an Old World classic.
The substantial and fragrant Scandinavian Cabbage Soup is packed with vegetables and creamy richness, and it just takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
Ingredients For Scandinavian Soups
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thin carrot slices
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Instruction For Scandinavian Soups
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium-high heat and cook cabbage, onion, celery, and carrots for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Simmer for 15 minutes with corn, peas, milk, chicken broth, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cheese until it melts, then serve right away.
Nutrition Info For Scandinavian Soups