History For Pearl Diver Recipe
Back in 2006, Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is credited with bringing the latter back to life, as well as a historically correct replica of its raison d’être, the Pearl Diver cocktail.
He continues to feature gardenia mix in the Pontchartrain Pearl Diver, which also includes Jamaican rum, passion fruit, and lime, at his New Orleans bar Latitude 29.
Ingredients For Pearl Diver Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces aged column-still rum
- 1/2 ounce demerara rum
- 1/2 ounce Don’s Gardenia Mix
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Garnish: edible orchid
- Garnish: pineapple leaf
Instruction For Pearl Diver Recipe
- In a blender with 1/2 cup pebble ice, combine the column-still rum, demerara rum, Don’s Gardenia Mix, lime juice, orange juice, and bitters. Blend on high for 20 seconds.
- Fine-strain into a Pearl Diver glass (or Tiki mug) and add more pebble ice to the top.
- Serve with an edible orchid and a pineapple leaf as a garnish.
- Serve with a straw.