Introduction for Turkey Recipes With Champagne
The greatest wine to have with turkey is Rosé Champagne.
Both ingredients work together to bring out the greatest flavors in each other.
At the same time, Rosé is a celebratory and universally adored beverage.
This Champagne is a great option for your parties because it’s not too formal but still celebratory.
Ingredients for Turkey Recipes With Champagne
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- Fresh sage and parsley sprigs, optional
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups champagne or other sparkling wine
- 1 cup condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Instructions for Turkey Recipes With Champagne
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl. Place the turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan and pat dry. Rub the butter mixture all over the turkeys outside and inside. Place sage and parsley sprigs in the cavity if desired. Wings should be tucked under the turkey, and drumsticks should be tied together.
- 30 minutes, uncovered roasting Toss the onions with the parsley, marjoram, and thyme and place them in the roasting pan. Pour in the champagne and let it sit for a while. Roast, uncovered, for 2-1/2-3 hours, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 170°-175°, basting occasionally with pan juices. (If the turkey browns too rapidly, cover loosely with foil.)
- Remove the turkey from the oven and cover it with foil. Allow for a 20-minute rest before carving.
- In the meantime, drain the juices from the pan into a basin. Melt the butter in a small pot. Stir in the flour until smooth, then add the drained liquids gradually. Bring to a boil, then cook and stir for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Serve alongside turkey.
Nutrition Info for Turkey Recipes With Champagne