History for Picon Punch Recipe
The Picon Punch is a 19th-century cocktail made of grenadine, brandy, and sparkling water, as well as a unique liqueur called Amer Picon.
The liqueur was established in 1837 by Gatan Picon as a medicinal tonic.
He gathered indigenous plants such as quinine, cinchona, and gentian while enlisted in the French army and stationed in Algeria to create the first 78-proof Amer Picon liqueur.
Ingredients for Picon Punch Recipe
- fill with ice
- 1 tsp grenadine syrup
- 2 1/2 oz Amer Picon orange bitters
- fill with soda water
- 1 oz brandy
Instructions for Picon Punch Recipe
- Ice should be added to an old-fashioned glass.
- Combine grenadine and Amer Picon in a mixing bowl.
- Fill glass halfway with soda, leaving room for brandy at the bottom.
- Float a shot of brandy on top of the cocktail.
Nutrition Info for Picon Punch Recipe