History for Hot Chocolate Godiva Cake
GODIVA is launching a new line of exquisitely crafted, decadent chocolate delicacies made with quality Belgian chocolate and the finest ingredients.
GODIVA’s expert chocolatiers have crafted bite-sized chocolate treats inspired by classic and delicious Christmas sweets from throughout the world.
The new Holiday Desserts Collection is modeled after “mini-cakes” that are reminiscent of delicious delicacies shared with family and friends throughout the holidays.
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate Godiva Cake
- Butter, to coat pan
- Granulated sugar, to coat pan
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
Instructions for Hot Chocolate Godiva Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush an 8-inch soufflé dish generously with butter, then sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Add the chocolate liquor and mix well.
- With an electric mixer set on low speed, beat egg yolks and whole eggs in a large mixing basin.
- While beating, pour the chocolate-butter mixture into the mixing bowl.
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar and flour together in a medium mixing basin.
- Gradually incorporate this into the chocolate sauce.
- Mix on high speed for 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Fill soufflé dish halfway with cake mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream while it’s still hot.
Nutrition Info for Hot Chocolate Godiva Cake