History for Carolina Trifle
Margaret Varn, a founding member of Belle Meade, gave us this recipe. Jean Derrick made changes to the recipe by using low-fat and low-carbohydrate ingredients.
Ingredients for Carolina Trifle
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- 1 quart soft boiled custard
- almond flavoring, brandy flavoring, or sherry wine
- 1 lemon-flavored sponge or pound cake (1 pound)
Instructions for Carolina Trifle
- Use almonds or whiskey flavoring in the whipped cream and sherry in the boiling pudding.
- Cut the cake very thinly and arrange a piece on the serving dish.
- The coating of custard is applied first, followed by a light coating of whipped cream.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Nutrition Facts for Carolina Trifle