History for Weight Watchers Orange Roughy Recipes
It is indeed darkness, icy, and yet still 1000 meters beneath the surface off the east coast of Canterbury, New Zealand, where Orange Roughy resides.
Colonies of plump orange roughy eat small fish and crustaceans before collecting in large numbers to spawn down here.
Long before the commercial fishing potential of these waters was identified in the 1970s, a few of these long-lived species had been here for over a decade. The oldest one discovered was thought to be 148 years of age.
Ingredients for Weight Watchers Orange Roughy Recipes
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cut into rings
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with Jalapeno peppers and spices,
- 4 (4-ounce) orange roughy or other lean white fish fillets
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of ground red pepper
Instructions for Weight Watchers Orange Roughy Recipes
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate flame. Sauté for 7 minutes or till garlic and onions are soft.
- Cook for 3 minutes at medium-high heat with the sweet yellow pepper & tomato.
- Add the fish and season using garlic powder and chili flakes.
- Cover, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the fish over. Cover and continue to cook for a further 5 min, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Setting aside the cooking sauce in the pan, move the fish to separate serving dishes. Stir up the fish.
- Cook 3 minutes, or until thick, in a pan with the cooking sauce over medium-high heat. Pour the sauce over the fish.
Nutrition Facts for Weight Watchers Orange Roughy Recipes
|Total Fat||2g||Total Carbs||2g|