History For Amish Friendship Cake With Fruit In It
Amish Friendship Fruitcake is created with an Amish friendship bread beginning and Paradise Fruit Co.’s Old English Fruit and Peel Mix.
It’s simple to make a friendship bread starter. You’ll be able to bake a variety of delectable bread, muffins, scones, cookies, and more once you get it started.
Once you’ve established yourself, your biggest challenge will be finding family and friends willing to give you’re starting away as well.
Ingredients For Amish Friendship Cake With Fruit In It
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 16 oz container Old English Fruit and Peel Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brandy, divided, optional
- cheesecloth, optional
- 1 cup sliced almonds, optional
Instruction For Amish Friendship Cake With Fruit In It
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Toss everything together until it’s well mixed.
- Two loaf pans should be greased. * Two 8 x 8-inch loaf pans were utilized.
- 12 cup sugar and 112 teaspoons of cinnamon are mixed together and dusted over the greased pans.
- Pour the batter into loaf pans evenly and top with the leftover cinnamon-sugar mixture. Top the bread batter with sliced almonds.
- Bake for one hour, or until the bread is evenly loosening from the pan sides and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pans. Remove the bread from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, pour 1/4 cup brandy. Cut two large pieces of cheesecake to wrap around each loaf of bread. Pour the brandy into the cheesecloth. Allow cheesecloth to soak in brandy for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the cheesecloth from the brandy but do not wring out the alcohol. Brandy should be discarded. Wrap each loaf of bread in cheesecloth drenched in brandy. Wrap the bread in plastic wrap before wrapping it in foil. In a big storage baggie, place the wrapped bread. Refrigerate for six weeks before repeating the technique with the same cheesecloth pieces.
- Your bread should be ready to eat after 18 weeks.
Nutrition Info For Amish Friendship Cake With Fruit In It
|Calories from fat||2152 Kcal||Dietary Fiber||15.45g|