History for Barbara Bush Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Barbara Bush was much more than a public figure. She was an icon of grace, a fervent advocate for literacy, and a public servant.
The former First Lady, a cherished wife, mother, and grandmother, spent many of her early years as a mother in Texas.
She was also famed for a few recipes, as were many Texas mothers. We decided to try her famous Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Ingredients for Barbara Bush Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounces) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
Instructions for Barbara Bush Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On waxed paper, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Remove from the equation.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until frothy. Stir in the flour mixture until it is completely combined. Combine the oats and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- 2 inches apart, drop batter by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, or until gently browned. Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Info for Barbara Bush Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
|Calories||161.1||Total Fat||8.7 g||Cholesterol||24.8 mg|