History For Turkey Broccoli Casserole Recipes
Baked meals have been around for millennia.
Rice was pounded, squeezed, and filled with a savory mixture of meats like chicken or sweetbread in early casserole recipes.
Around the 1870s, this idea of casserole appears to have evolved into its modern form.
Most cultures have always cooked in earthenware vessels, but casserole cooking as a one-dish meal became popular in the United States in the twentieth century.
Ingredients For Turkey Broccoli Casserole Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups Great Value instant white rice
- 2 cups Great Value chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 can Great Value cream of mushroom soup 10.5 oz
- 1 can Great Value cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz
- ½ cup Great Value sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 cups leftover turkey diced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
Topping Turkey Broccoli Casserole Recipes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crushed crackers of any kind
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Instruction For Turkey Broccoli Casserole Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small amount of olive oil, cook the onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in the rice, cover, and remove from the heat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Broccoli should be steamed till tender-crisp.
- Cooked rice, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, seasonings, turkey, broccoli, and 12 cups cheddar cheese in a large mixing dish.
- In a greased 9×13 pan, spread the batter.
- In a small mixing dish, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole and bake for 35 minutes, or until hot, bubbling, and gently browned. Warm the dish before serving.
Nutrition Info For: